Board Certified Cosmetic & Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon in Dubai
Professor Dr. Ashok Govila
For The Past 35 Years Dr Ashok Govila Was Dedicated To The Art Of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery In England And Dubai. He Has Some More Than Fifty Thousand Successful Surgical Procedures Ending Into Delighted Patients To His Credit.
He is the most senior and experienced plastic surgeon of United Arab Emirates with experience of over 35 years in Aesthetic Plastic surgery including in England. He has some more than fifty thousand successful surgical procedures ending into delighted patients to his credit.
Professor Dr. Ashok Govila was formerly working as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon in the United Kingdom National Health Service. He was based on the Middleborough General Hospital Northern Regional Health Authority, Newcastle upon Tyne. Today His areas of special interest include Nose job, Breast Job, Body Sculpturing, tummy tuck, fat transfer to breast and face, reconstructive surgery of the face, breast and abdomen.
Professor Dr. Ashok Govila is a British trained Aesthetic, and Reconstructive surgeon. He is recognized internationally as an author of several books in the field of plastic surgery such as “Practical approach to plastic surgery” and “alternative free flaps” and co-author of several books.
At Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh he was churned and trained ceaselessly for 2 years by top two Indian Plastic surgeons namely Prof CBK and Prof. C. P. Sahwney during 1975-77. The fire to ascend and serve them asses better took Professor Dr. Ashok Govila in England (1978- 1983) where he was exposed to microsurgical methods of reconstruction by Prof. D. A. McGrowther at Shotely Bridge Hospital, Consett, CO. Durham in the north of England.
He received advanced Plastic surgery training at the largest plastic surgery unit of international fame namely Canniesburn Hospital in Glasgow, England where he was exposed to stalwarts of plastic surgery like Tom Gibson , Ian MacGragor, Ian Jackson, Graham Lister, D.A. MacGrowther. His contemporaries of that time like David Souter are now the chairman of Canniesburn Hospital. Some of his teachers like R.C Bell have contributed chapters in Surgical Treatise of Operative Surgery by Rohdney Smith.
This experience was greatly used when he returned back home in 1983 to join as Assistant professor at the parent institution Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. During 1986 Professor worked as Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Middleborough General Hospital for some time .It was in India due to the inability to practice microsurgery the birth of the method described in the book took place. He ascended fast into an associate and then into an additional professor in 1986. In 1993 Professor Ashok moved to Abu Dhabi and then in 2007 moved to Dubai. His keen interest in Aesthetic surgery now finds him among the top aesthetic plastic surgeon in the region. He excels in Breast augmentation, Breast lift, Rhinoplasty, female and male rejuvenation procedures, Liposuction and Gynaecomastia. His hobbies include oil painting on canvas and photography.
- FRCS (ENGLAND) HONORARY 2004
- MCH (PLASTIC SURGERY) INDIA 1977 – PGIMER CHANDIGARH
- MS (General surgery) 1975 – GRMC – GWALIOR INDIA
- MBBS– 1970 – INDIA GRMC
He was trained in United Kingdom under National Health Services which included hospitals like Canniesburn Hospital in Glasgow, Dundee Royal Infirmary, Dirham Royal Infirmary Durham health Authority in North West Durham Health District , Shotely Bridge Hospital in Newcastle, Perth Royal Infirmary and Bridge of Earn Hospital ,Tayside Health Board – Perth and Kinross district in Scotland where he independently conducted outpatient referrals and operative sessions. He learned his microsurgical skills and hand surgery under Professor D.A. McGrowther a thorough Scotsman, who later got the distinction of being the Professor of Plastic surgery in London.He also spent good deal of time with Mr.R.C.Bell who has been a co-author in Rodney Smith book; a treatise on operative surgery in 15 volumes.
He was selected for advanced plastic surgery training in Plastic and Maxillo-facial Surgery Services , at Canniesburn hospital in Glasgow which is the largest and most renowned plastic surgery unit known internationally .This unit is respected as the mother unit for the discipline of plastic surgery at a global level and it owes its repo from being the mother of stalwarts like Tom Gibson, Ian McGregor, Ian Jackson and Gram Lister and Mr. K. F. Moos. Under the patronage of some of them he completed his flap course and advance plastic and aesthetic surgical training.
He also visited Wexempark Hospital in London to learn highly refined hand surgery .He was a frequent visitor to Harley Street to update his aesthetic surgery skills.
Author of a number of scientific publications and having made several international presentations, and having chaired many international conferences including in San Francisco Prof Dr. Ashok Govila is the first plastic surgeon who managed to create some kind of order among plastic surgeons of Dubai and UAE by creating an organization for plastic surgeons of United Arab Emirates which started as a baby in 1995 with the membership of 9 surgeons (out of which 4 visiting surgeons) which has now acclaimed internationally and has the patronage of ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery). Professor Ashok was the first secretary of this organization.
Royal college of Surgeons of England facilitated him with the honor of FRCS in 2004 based on his authority in his profession and work in UAE. Similar honor was bestowed upon him many years back by the Indian Association of Surgeons when he was granted honorary degree of FAIS.
He has surgical procedures that goes by his name like Govila’s Extracorporeal Tissue Transfer which he invented in 1984 and worked the refinements until 1993 and published a book on operative surgery of this procedure.
His principle work and interest for past 40 years has been in cosmetic surgery where He has operated on more than 50,000 patients. Within cosmetic surgery he is most interested in Breast Augmentation and Reduction Memmoplasty, Scar less Breast Lift,Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) and Abdominoplasty (Tummy tuck) Lip augmentation, Fat transfer, Liposuction and Brazilian but lift . He has a wide range of experience in fixing problems created by complications of other surgeons.
He is an artist by nature which is most suited for his profession of creation of beauty.
Advanced Plastic Surgery Courses In England
- ADVANCED PLASTIC SURGERY TRAINING COURSE, 1980 OXFORD, ENGLAND
- CANNIESBURN PLASTIC SURGERY TRAINING COURSE, 1980 GLASGOW, ENGLAND
- ADVANCED PLASTIC SURGERY TRAINING COURSE 1980 ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS, LONDON, ENGLAND
- MICROVASCULAR SURGERY TRAINING COURSE, 1981 CANNIESBURN HOSPITAL, GLASGOW,ENGLAND
- GENERAL MEDICAL COUNCIL, (GMC) ENGLAND FULL REGISTRATION NO 2425838 -2nd JUNE 1978
- MEDICAL AND DENTAL UNION OF SCOTLAND (MDU) FULL REGISTRATION NO. G/10/74
- MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA FULL REGISTRATION NO. 8289 – 5.7.1975
- MEDICAL LICENSE TO PRACTICE SURGERY IN ABU DHABI UNITED ARAB EMIRATES OCT.1991
- MEMBER, (ASPS) AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PLASTIC SURGEONS
- MEMBER, (ISAPS) INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGERY
- ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR RECONSTRUCTIVE MICROSURGERY. USA
- MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR RECONSTRUCTIVE MICROSURGERYUSA
- MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY FOR MICROSURGICAL SPECIALIST USA
- MEMBER OF THE BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF PLASTIC SURGEONS ENGLAND
- MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF PLASTIC SURGEONS.USA
- FULL FELLOW MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF AESTHETIC SURGERY AND AESTHETIC MEDICINE CANADA
- MEMBER OF EMIRATES MEDICAL ASSOCIATION UAE
- MEMBER OF INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF PLASTIC SURGEON
- MEMBER OF INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF SURGEONS
- FOUNDER MEMBER OF MICROSURGICAL GROUP OF INDIA
- TEACHER/SUPERVISOR TO FCPS EXAMINATION FOR ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS OF PAKISTAN. 2001 – 2009
- LISCENING AUTHORITY EXAMINER TO SANCTION MEDICAL LICENSE TO PRACTICE PLASTIC SURGERY IN EMIRATES DURING 1993-2007
Professor Dr. Ashok Govila is not just a cosmetic surgeon, he is also a Board Certified Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon. In fact, almost all of the groundbreaking techniques in cosmetic surgery have reconstructive origins.
Reconstructive surgery cases are typically more complex and the patients’ treatment often requires highly specialized, advanced surgical experience. Dr. Ashok Govila’s deep experience, comfort, confidence, and predictability with these advanced reconstructive techniques have become powerful tools that are often adapted to his cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Ashok Govila is an active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery which includes worldwide leaders in plastic surgery and the highest standards of patient safety. Dr. Ashok Govila’s experience with complex reconstructive procedures allows him to safely and predictably achieve superior results.
At the time of your initial consultation you will meet with Prof. Dr. Ashok Govila directly. Your measurements will not be taken by a nurse or surgical administrative staff like most other cosmetic clinics in Dubai. Prof. Dr. Ashok Govila is very meticulous and believes that proper surgical planning with a Board Certified Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon is imperative to achieve optimal aesthetic results. Your unique measurements and surgical options will be thoroughly discussed with and determined by Prof. Dr. Ashok Govila.
- Alternative free flaps – Extracorporeal Tissue Transfer – published Jan 2004 with Coauthor Dr. Anshul Govila
- A practical approach to plastic and reconstructive surgery, Interprint- Wolfe international publications, India,july1993
- The yearbook of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, yearbook of medical publishing inc.chicago, USA99, 1990
- Transactions of the 9th international congress of plastic and reconstructive surgery, tata McGraw hill publishing co. New Delhi, India, march 1987
- Oral oncology volume ii , Macmillan India ltd, New Delhi, India page 274 – 278 dec.1991
- Reference Asia, volume vi, rafaciomento international new Delhi, India 591, 1991
- Reconstructive microsurgery current trends published by ISRM, Singapore. 1996 page 203 – 206
- Who is who in the world, marquis who’ is who in America publications USA 15th edition p.515 1998
- The barons 500 leader for the new century 2000 commemorative edition baron’s who’s who -USA page 207 may 2000
- Who’s who in medicine and health care 2000 millennium edition. American publication page 402, October 2000.and 2009 in the print
- Total Plastic and Aesthetic surgery experience of 42 years .
- Post Majestica Chirurgica ( super specialization ) experience 42 years.
- Number of patients treated more than 30000 for aesthetic surgery and more than 50,000 for reconstructive surgery
- CHIEF AND SENIOR CONSULTANT 3 YEARS MAFRAQ HOSPITAL, PLASTIC SURGERY, ABU DHABI, UAE.
- SENIOR CONSULTANT 14 YEAR MAFRAQ HOSPITAL, PLASTIC SURGERY, ABU DHABI, UAE.
- PROFESSOR (ADDL)5 YEARS POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE (ADDL.) OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, CHANDIGARH. JULY 89 TO MARCH 93 INDIA
- CONSULTANT MIDDLESBOURGH GENERAL PLASTIC SURGEON HOSPITAL, MIDDLESBOURGH Northern Regional Health Authority, Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGLAND 19 July 1987 to 3rd SEP.87
- PROFESSOR 2 YEARS POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE (ASSOCIATE) OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, CHANDIGARH, INDIA. JULY 87 TO JULY 89.
- PROFESSOR 4 YEARS POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE (ASST.) OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, CHANDIGARH, INDIA. DEC.83 TO JULY 87.
- REGISTRAR 2 YEARS BRIDGE OF EARN HOSPITAL PLASTIC SURGERY 1981 TO 83 PERTH, SCOTLAND, ENGLAND. 5TH YEAR GRADE.
- REGISTRAR 2 YEARS SHOTELY BRIDGE GENERAL PLASTIC SURGERY AND HOSPITAL, CONSETT, DURHAM. 5TH YEAR GRADE 79 TO 81 ENGLAND. 7 MONTHS.
- SENIOR HOUSE ONE YEAR BRIDGE OF EARN HOSPITAL OFFICER PERTH, SCOTLAND PLASTIC SURGERY – FINAL YEAR GRAD. 1978 TO 1979.
- (LECTURER) OF MEDICAL SCIENCE GENERAL SURGERY SEWAGRAM, MAHATMA GANDHI INSTITUTE, WARDHA, INDIA , CONSULTANT 9 MONTHS.
- REGISTRAR 2 YEARS POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE PLASTIC SURGERY 75 TO 77 MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, CHANDIGARH, INDIA.
- REGISTRAR 2 YEARS J.A. GROUP OF HOSPITALS, GENERAL SURGERY 73 TO 75 JIWAJI UNIVERSITY, GWALIOR, INDIA.
- SENIOR HOUSE 1 YEAR J.A. GROUP OF HOSPITALS OFFICER 72 TO 73 JIWAJI UNIVERSITY, GWALIOR, GENERAL SURGERY, INDIA.
- HOUSE OFFICER 1 YEAR J.A.GROUP OF HOSPITALS ROTATING 71 TO 72 JIWAJI UNIVERSITY, GWALIOR, INDIA.
- Established the first Micro Vascular Surgery unit in a country as large as India in 1983 at PGI Chandigarh.
- Constituted the First Microsurgical Association in India in 1986 known today as microsurgical group.
- Created the Plastic surgery Association of UAE under Emirates Medical Association in 1996 and were a founder member and the first secretary of this association for first two years.
- Enacted as Chairman of the Academic affairs at Mafraq hospital for plastic surgery.
- Assigned as Chairman of the mortality and morbidity committee at Mafraq hospital for the Dept of plastic surgery.
- Highly endowed to have invented the technique extra corporeal tissue transfer, now used world wide for reconstruction of difficult defects of the body also called alternative free flaps in 1984. Published in almost all American and British journals several times since 1986.
- Praised to have propagated and popularized the use of organ reconstruction by prefabrication such as penis and nose.
- Acclaimed to have invented the technique symbiotic tissue transfer, for reconstruction of difficult defects of the body in 1987.
- Demonstrated the viability of primary reconstruction in animal bite defects by using myocutaneous and fasciocutaneous flaps in head and neck in 1985.
- Credited to have extended the use of Latissimus dorsi myocutaneous flap as an active motor unit for active flexion of fingers in volckman’s ischemic contracture in 1986.
- Praised to have designed an operation for reduction memmoplasty that yields better breast shape after surgery.
- Attributed to have reconstructed total penis amputation without the help of operating microscope.
- Contributed towards mandiblar reconstruction using synthetic materials like methyl meth acryelate.
- Initiated the term and the surgical method called “Salvage Replantation’ for those parts of body that are damaged beyond salvageable replantation.
- Demonstrated the extended use of pectoralis major myocutaneous flap by using it as de-epithelialzed flap for contour defects of face such as for hemi facial atrophy of face.